Welcome to the project management module. This module is prepared and delivered in conjunction with other modules aimed at providing knowledge, skills and competence to the Social Enterprise Sector. As part of the “The Third Way” Erasmus+ initiative the structure and format of this module will guide anyone interested in setting-up, working in or improving their impact within a Social Enterprise. Likewise, you will learn “by doing” the exercises that are at the end of the module and answering thought provoking questions posed during the presentations, this is aimed at improving your knowledge of Project Management within te Social Enterprise sector.
As a member of a Social Enterprise, or an entrepreuneur ready to set-up a Social Enterprise, you will be able to share your experiences with peers and others in the sector by providing a “pitch” on social media. This will give you the oppurtunity to network with like minded people and to share best practice ideas thus bringing your skill level to practitioner. Additional reading is provided, especially showing case study material and sector good practice form all over the world. Further advanced reading is provided, in the form of scientific journal articles and book references, that can advance your knowledge to expert level, once you understand them and apply some of their content succesfully to your setting.
Key concepts covered include:
- You will learn why project management is essential for a social enterprise
- What types of project management are relevant to you
- How you manage powerful, influential and important stakeholders to achieve your project goal?
- You will understand the concept of project management.
- You will learn how to recognise different stages of project management.
- You will be able to apply project management tools and techniques to your real projects.
- You will explore insights in project stakeholder analysis.
- You will understand how team working and leadership enables project success.
- You learn how to apply project risk management techniques.
Good luck and we hope you enjoy learning.