Welcome to the module Starting up your business. Here you will learn how to develop your business idea and turn it into a business plan. In conjunction with the module on financial management you can make up your financial plan.
But this information is not only important when starting up a business, it provides you also with key parameters to manage your business. It’s the business cockpit for those who are in the driver’s seat.
The information is retrieved from previous research on social business models and our experiences with student entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurship is something you learn by doing and that is why students are increasingly encouraged to start their own business during their studies. After all, there is no better school for entrepreneurship than experimenting.
Key concepts covered include:
- Concepts like mission and vision, unique selling proposition and elevator pitch
- The building blocks of a business model
- Sustainable business models
- Place social entrepreneurs in the entrepreneurial landscape
- Define your professional mission
- Become aware of your strengths and entrepreneurial skills
- Understand the concepts customer, value proposition, value chain and profit model
- Learn to work with business model templates
- Develop your own business model
- Be aware that in a not so distant future all business models need to be sustainable
We wish you good luck with developing your business model and hope you enjoy the learning!