Welcome to the impact management module. Let us start with an introduction. Like the other modules on this platform, we started with the ambition to make useful information for social entrepreneurs, and social entrepreneurial students, widely available. The information on impact management is compiled by a group of researchers/teachers/consultants with not only a passion for social entrepreneurship, but also with a strong purpose to make a difference towards what we call a healthy and fairer world. So yes, according to the definition of social entrepreneurship 3.0, we consider ourselves social entrepreneurs.
The information you will find in this module is the result of research on social impact measurement, several consulting assignments in the social sector and our experience in sharing our knowledge with college students. We hope you enjoy it. And because we want to keep learning how to share our knowledge in the best possible way, whoever wants to can leave a feedback on xxx. Unless we are swamped, you may receive a message back.
This module is structured according to the “5 steps to complete impact management”. It includes both the introduction to what impact exactly is, to making your impact visible, and finally measuring and evaluating it. In the last step you will also find
information on developing an impact culture, because our experience learned that a focus on impact, and sustainable impact measurement and optimization only become reality when the whole organization is ‘on board’. Each part starts with a short description, followed by more information on how to get started. You will also find examples and links to interesting web pages or videos that we consider interesting.
Key concepts covered include:
- As a social entrepreneur/enterprise you will understand why impact management is key for your activities, and reaching your goals.
- A five step model which covers all aspects of impact management
- A profound understanding of the Theory of Change and how this relates to the mission of your organization.
The module includes the following learning objectives
- Finally understand the difference between impact – outcome – output.
- Make clear why you want to start with impact management, and for whom.
- Understand how you create impact by drawing your Theory of Change
- De-mistify impact measurement by understanding how it works
- The need for clear and simple communicating
- How navigating on impact depends son dashboards
- Understand why sustainable impact management includes an impact culture
We wish you good luck with defining your entrepreneurial and/or organizational impact! We hope you enjoy the learning.